Traditionally, the decor and organisation are the key ingredients to make a house feel like home, yet now technology also plays a crucial role. There are many ways to enhance our apartments with technology whether for organisation, cost-effectiveness, ease of use, or to make your home more environmentally conscious.
Many DIY technology makes the integration into our homes an easy process. Some ideas for technology additions to your home include:
- Nest Learning Thermostat: This thermostat allows you to control the temperature with your smart phone and also keep track of your energy usage. This device also learns what temperates you like at different times of the day. This can be helpful if you like cool temperatures before going to bed, but warmer when you’re about to get out of the shower.
- Belkin’s WeMo Switch Insight: This technology allows you to monitor the electricity usage throughout your household. By tracking the different outlet usage, you can add tags to different outlets and turn them on or off during different times of the day.
- Samsung Dual View TV: This innovative television allows two users to watch two different programs with the use of filtered glasses. This can be beneficial for differing sports fans, or busy households in general.
- Internet Fridge: This fridge tracks what’s inside with internal cameras. You can quickly check when you’re doing a grocery run. The side panel also has a screen which provides recipe recommendations with the food that is available in the fridge.
- Integration Tools: These different technologies may seem slightly daunting to all keep track of. Apple acknowledged this and created HomeKit which keeps all of these applications together, and tracks them. Integrating these different statistics and usages can help you keep your home on the edge of technology.