Tips for Weekend Projects for the Home (Under $20!)
These minor home improvements will make a great difference in your home’s functionality and aren’t costly. Make it a goal to complete one of these projects every weekend!
1. Replace a window treatment: Go to a fabric store and create a new window shade for your kitchen. This will take care of the splashes and cooking liquids that may have gotten on it (especially if above the sink!). If you buy extra fabric you can replace it more often!
2. Replace Moldings: By making it a habit of replacing mismatched, missing, or damaged moldings, end caps, quarter rounds or baseboards will keep it an inexpensive renovation. This promises not having to face a big bill for replacing it all at one point in time!.
3. Organise the Closet: Make labels for your hangers so you can choose outfits over the weekend, for the busy week ahead. Label them Monday through Friday and hang your clean outfits. This will save you time during the week and you can have fun planning outfits!
4. Replace switch plates: Buy textured switch plates such as marble, tile, stone or wood for your electrical outlets and phone and jack cables to spruce up your home and tie in your style to your home.
5. Trend up your Space: By adding color to an old piece of furniture, this will spruce up the feel while tying in your own style. For wood pieces, remove dirt or wax buildup with household cleaner. Sand rough areas and wipe away dust. Apply two coats of stain-blocking primer and allow it to dry between coats.
6. Add backdrops to your shelving units: This will make them have more depth and create more to look at within your home. This also allows you to invite color in unique places.
7. Update hardware: It’s the little things that make all the difference. visit your local hardware and update the knobs and knockers around your home.
8. Recaulk!: Remove the old and refresh with the new. Caulk quickly gets dingy, discolored or cracked> Remove the old caulk, clean the space and replace with a new layer.