With the winter months also comes the urge to stay in bed and embrace the warm sheets which influence your decision to hit the snooze button. These motivating tips will help make the transition easy and get your day going.
- Hydrate as soon as you wake up! This will stimulate your body and brain to arise.
- Hydrate before you go to sleep. Water is always good for the body-but this can also ensure that you will have to use the restroom as soon as you wake up.
- Shower as soon as you’re out of bed. The quick change in temperature and water will help increase circulation.
- Initiate an exercise routine. Get your body moving to start stimulating your brain to wake up.
- Routinely set-up something to look forward to when you look up. This could be reading your favorite magazine for a few minutes, eat a special breakfast, or watch an episode of your favorite show.
- Follow your sleep cycle. If you wake up before your alarm-simply get out of bed and start the day.
- Don’t justify! Your sleepy self may seem very convincing in the early hours of the morning, but you must get out of bed by impulse and not through conscious willpower because you can talk yourself out of it.
- Make sure the coffee is ready to go when you wake up. If you program your coffee maker-the smell of the beans can motivate you to start the day.
- Remind yourself the night before and in the morning of responsibilities.
These small steps will help motivate you out of bed and embrace the day. Also going to bed earlier in the night will ensure that you’re getting enough sleep!